Roger Gooding's Motorcycling Adventures
All stories are in PDF format, and you'll need Adobe Reader to view them. If you don't have Adobe Reader, Click here to download it.
Roger Talks About His Grandson's BSA
[507 words] [3 photos] [HTML]
Roger Gooding's 1970 Triumph T100C Trophy
[435 words] [7 photos] [HTML]
1. M/c Chronicles - Introduction - One in the Air and Two on the Ground
[2683 words] [0 photos] [35kb PDF]
2. M/c Chronicles - “Sweet Sixteen”
My mid-teens first-hand introduction to some of the hazards of motorcycling and my gratitude to a fine doctor.
[1103 words] [3 photos] [241kb PDF]
3. M/c Chronicles - “Putting on the Style”
Coming to grief on my first ‘maiden outing’ on a friend’s motorbike and almost losing my ‘street creds’ - instant cure for ‘showing off’.
[1099 words] [3 photos] [128 kb PDF]
4. M/c Chronicles - Mods & Rockers - “Only in America”
A reflective account of the Birth of Rock Music, the rivalry between Mods and Rocker factions in the UK during the sixties era
and the revival of interest in a new form for this period in the US.
[2164 words] [15 photos] [470 Kb PDF]
5. M/c Chronicles - Men of Substance - 1
Memories of two prominent people from the motorcycle world that I was lucky enough to have either met or have touch my own life.
[2150 words] [8 photos] [274kb PDF]
6. M/c Chronicles - One Cold Rainy Night in 1967
UK Memories of my 1958 Viper Clubman resurrected by seeing an old friend at a classic bike show in the US.
[2090 words] [5 photos] [259kb PDF]
7. M/c Chronicles - “Be Careful of What You Wish for - You Just Might Get It”
An unexpected dream came true during my youth and a remarkable coincidence arises over forty years later 4,000 miles away
from the first incident. A Vincent story.
[1878 words] [6 photos] [416kb PDF]
8. M/c Chronicles 4 - Rescued By Hells ‘Guardian’ Angels
Account of a high speed rear tire blowout that left me marooned and at the mercy of a motorcycle gang who turned out to be angels in disguise.
[1252 words] [0 photos] [18kb PDF]
9. M/c Chronicles 5 - 1965 - The Year the HRD Engine Blew
What led up to my having to sell my Vincent HRD, the finest machine I was ever lucky enough to own.
[2589 words] [0 photos] [28kb PDF]
10. Two on the Ground and One in the Air - Wheels that is. Part 1
Trials and tribulations of my introduction to Motorcycle Sidecars, or, Outfits, Combinations and Rigs to cite but a few names they are known by.
[2173 words] [7 photos] [378kb PDF]
11. Two on the Ground and One in the Air - Wheels that is. Part 2
Discovering Sidecar Racing, a unique and acquired taste of motorcycle racing and some of the most colorful characters in the sport.
[1778 words] [12 photos] [546kb PDF]
12. M/c Chronicles - Men of Substance - 2 - Needle in a Haystack
Rebuilding an AJS CSR introduced two more quite eccentric but highly entertaining characters from the classic bike world.
[2483 words] [1 photo] [132kb PDF]
13. M/c Chronicles - “Old Junky Bike”
Re-discovering and refurbishing an old but not highly popular BSA British Twin in the US after having lapsed from British motorcycles for over a decade.
[2825 words] [8 photos] [514kb PDF]
14. Mods & Rockers Event
Included in #4 – “Only in America” right now - - pending further thought.
[527 words] [8 photos] [248kb PDF]
15. M/c Chronicles - Triumphs of the Spirit - A Tale of Two Triumphs
How my wife and grandson secretly conspired to get me back on two wheels and how a father turned 180 degrees and became a ‘born again’ motorcyclist.
[2093 words] [8 photos] [586kb PDF]
16. M/c Chronicles - Old Junky Bike Retold - Written by Joe Taminski
A grandson’s viewpoint and young man’s take of a previously told story.
[2054 words] [6 photos] [645kb PDF]
17. History of Triumph - Rising From the Ashes - Written by Joe Taminski
A college paper on a Business Management degree course written by then 18 year old grandson.
[4098 words] [4 photos] [507kb PDF]
My Memories of Mike - Written by By Elizabeth McCarthy
The Story of Mike "The Bike" Hailwood
[9246 words] [8 photos] [786kb PDF]