BCS PART # 641-04
T140/TR7 OIL COOLER KIT
This kit is designed for Triumph T140/TR7 machines. The kit will fit all "oil-in-frame" models. At typical cruising speeds, oil temperature will drop by 15-20 degrees Centigrade, so helping engine life and reliability.
Contents: 1 oil cooler; 2 rubber mounting bushes; 1
bottom mounting bracket;
2 spacers to replace the original ones at the front engine mounting; 1 pair top mounting cast brackets; 2 each socket screws and nuts for above; 7 ft. hose;
4 hose clips; 4 hose ties
1) Remove front engine bolt and discard spacers.
2) Fit new bottom mounting bracket, using new spacers, such that the cooler bottom end is below the mounting bolt.
3) Check cooler is internally clean and rubber bushes fitted head toward cooler center.
4) Place cooler assembly in bottom bracket, with the bent pipe at the top, facing to the rear of the bike.
5) Fit the identical halves of the top bracket and secure with screws and nuts.
6) Remove the original flexible return hose from the engine and from the steel tube at its upper end and discard it.
7) Attach the new hose to the engine and lie it in place of the original but continue it over the top of the engine. Cut off a suitable length and attach it to the bent pipe at the cooler top.
8) Affix the remainder to the cooler bottom pipe and take it under the engine, close to the right hand frame rail, to emerge upwards behind the gearbox casing. Cut suitably and attach to the original steel tube that leads to the tank.
9) Make sure that the new hoses do not foul throttle operation or lie near exhaust pipes, use plastic ties provided as necesssary.
10) Start engine and check for leaks.